Sunday, October 19, 2008

15 x 15

One of the fondest memories I have of a friend is looking into the congregation during communion at my wedding and seeing this friend taking the bread and the wine. There's a lot to remember about a wedding but this image is sharp and clear in my mind. I just remember looking up and seeing Willie there.
Our friend Willie T. was passionate about music throughout his life. He was a talented singer and musician, often on stage with his band CloverStreet or at church. Willie worked with my husband and I never saw him without a smile on his face. Willie died of osteosarcoma in 2006 at the age of 19.

Before Willie died, his mom Lisa asked him to compose a list of his 15 favorite songs by 15 different artists. Think of it as a soundtrack for your life.

You can learn a lot about yourself through the music you listen to. Compiling this list is harder than you think. And I think the list is probably fluid and will be different at different points in your life. My list is included below, in no particular order.

01 U2 -- All I Want is You
02 Derek Webb -- Share in the Blame
03 Jack Johnson -- Good People
04 The Beatles -- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
05 Barenaked Ladies -- If I Had a Million Dollars
06 Bob Dylan -- Like a Rolling Stone
07 Matt Costa -- Sunshine
08 Coldplay -- Clocks
09 David Gray -- Lately
10 Jimmy Buffet -- Cheeseburger in Paradise
11 Steppenwolf -- Magic Carpet Ride
12 Tom Petty -- Wildflowers
13 REM -- Nightswimming
14 Elton John -- Tiny Dancer
15 Nancy Wilson -- River Road

What's on your list of 15 x 15?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...