Saturday, November 1, 2008

November is Upon Us

Hello November! Where did you go October? I sit forlornly on the eve of Daylight Savings Sunday wondering just what happened to the months of September and October. Does anyone else feel as though time is spinning faster and faster?

Today I have for your reading pleasure a restaurant review. My husband and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary in October by treating ourselves to dinner at Moonshine in Austin.

First you are uniquely greeted with a bowl of popcorn on your table and water served in mason jars. This is my kinda restaurant. Great food yet I can wear my jeans and T-shirt to eat in. We started our meal with a beautiful baked brie topped with pear chutney. (Oh, actually, I started my meal with a hard lemonade. A girl's got her priorities.) For my entree I ordered the Texas Flat Iron Steak with bleu cheese butter and roasted garlic mashed potatoes. Aaron ordered pork chops with a side of baked macaroni and cheese but it wasn't your ordinary mac and cheese. It was mac and cheese made with pimento cheese and baked in a pint-size casserole dish.

Seeing as how we were celebrating our anniversary, after all of that food, we had to muster our strength to order dessert. We were greeted with this lovely concoction
Red Velvet Cake. When was the last time you were at a classy restaurant and had red velvet cake as an option? Moonshine was a wonderful choice for dinner and I highly recommend you try it out soon.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Mmm, sounds delish! We'll have to check it out sometime!

Anonymous said...

This post is on my new album, Blog-Hop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTIeoVQEaS0

Red Velvet Cake!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...