- 1 half bag of leftover "salad-in-a-bag" lettuce
- 1 half pouch of Caesar dressing from Caesar "salad-in-a-bag"
- coupla sprinkles of grated Parmesan cheese that was "best used by" May 19
- 2 chicken breasts marinated in the last dredges of an open bottle of Italian dressing then grilled
- 2 hamburger buns from the back of the freezer
Now, those ingredients probably don't sound all that foreign to you but you may be wondering about the hamburger buns. I quasi-channeled my super friend Hilary tonight because she spends all afternoon on Sunday cooking for the week, in particular making homemade bread and croutons. (I say "quasi-channeled" because I don't think Super Hilary uses the same types of ingredients I do. I just tell myself she's not as resourceful as me.)
So I used my two leftover frost bitten hamburger buns to make homemade croutons. I pried them apart, spread butter and sprinkled garlic salt on them, then baked them in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes. Just look at the golden brown goodness I created.
So after that, I created "Do Something You've Never Done" Day. Whether in the kitchen or not, I challenge you to do something you've never done tomorrow or the next day or sometime soon. It's pretty empowering. Even if it's just leftover hamburger bun croutons.