Monday, May 18, 2009

Wake Up Your Inner Craft-er!

Here's a super easy craft project that will take up that ever popular empty wall space in your house.

Take digital pictures of letters (from signs around town or found objects) and frame them to spell different words.

I got the idea originally from a home decor shop that was selling photos of letters for $6.99 a piece! They spelled things like Family, Love, etc. My friend Morgan also makes these and she makes monograms by grouping black and white photos of objects that "look" like letters, not actual letters. She's a more creative gal than I am.

The first frame I made spelled my last name, Rohre, and was a gift to my sister-in-law. (I'll never live up to that gift again, I'm sure. The year after, I gave her a CD. :-/)

My next Name Frame projects are for my babies, Weston and Charlie. Here's the first:

Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me find a 7-opening frame for Charlie. Anyone have any ideas for me before I go custom?

2 comments:

Hil said...

Are there frames with more than 7 openings? There could be pics of him or boy-ish things in the other spaces.

Other than that ... you may need to go custom. Charles Wesley Rohre - you are a trouble maker! ;)

Kelly said...

Oh, that turned out sooo gorgeous.

Good idea from Hil on more spaces to fill up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...