Saturday, August 8, 2009

If You Were Tasked With Contacting Me After I've Been MIA for Over a Month, Your Time's Up.

Where've I been? Well, since I last posted I have completed two life-changing milestones. The hubs and I bought our first real-deal, "no kidding we now pay a mortgage" cottage AND I delivered two beautiful twin boys. These two milestones happened in quicker succession than we would have liked but both have been great experiences.

First, our cottage. The house itself isn't old enough to qualify as truly "cottage" but it does have cottage appeal.
With the swift scheduling of my task master husband, we painted the kitchen, 3 bedrooms, and 2 bathrooms in two days! (Thank you to all of our friends and family who helped, we couldn't have done it without you.)

The kitchen went from sage green to "warm brownie" brown and "red poppy" red.

The master bedroom went from what I will call desert orange to a beautiful "pebble stone" green/gray that my husband picked out.

The other rooms became a color called "parchment paper." We moved in our stuff over the weekend of July 4th, unpacked over the next 3 weeks and then welcomed our babies, a tad unexpectedly, on July 26th.

Charlie Evans Rohre (left image) and Weston Rieves Rohre (right image) arrived about 2 weeks early at 4 lbs., 11 oz. and 5 lbs. 2 oz., respectively.


Because the babies arrived a little early, both are staying in the NICU and working on maintaining their temperatures and eating well. Weston had his nasal cannula removed about 3 days ago but that picture of him passed out just cracks me up.

Here are some pics of their place in our cottage:


We can't wait to bring them home (hopefully this week!) and enjoy them even more. I will soon be posting about our adventures together.

2 comments:

Hil said...

God bless Charlie and Wes. :)

Ann-tidote said...

i have to visit your cottage!!! can we have tea?? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...