Monday, September 21, 2009

Baby Gear I'm Going to Invent

Since giving birth to a set of adorable twin boys 8 weeks ago, I have realized a certain lack of "absolutely necessary" baby gear products that aren't on your easy-to-find baby gear checklists.

1. Glow-in-the-Dark Pacifiers - Have you ever been the sleep deprived parent carrying their baby through the house at night who hears that horrible "thud thud" as the pacifier falls to floor and rolls out of sight? (if you aren't a parent, prepare yourself to hate that sound) Pacifiers should be made to glow-in-the-dark for easy retrieval after the midnight hour. Or at least be equipped with a homing device.

2. Pacifier Face Straps - to hold the special green hospital pacifiers in your infants mouth so they don't fall out and have to be replaced every 5 minutes. Think something akin to a Halloween mask elastic strap. This product probably won't be certified by the American Academy of Pediatrics anytime soon. But dang, I would kill for these right now.

3. Baby ID Bracelets - I would fashion these in the form of teeny, tiny sweat bands. Not only to tell twins apart, but to hold the name and address information of your child. So you can avoid the persnickety hospital nurse walking up to you asking if the infant you are holding in the waiting room (while celebrating the birth of a friend's baby) is indeed your infant and does not belong to that hospital. Yes, this just happened to me on Friday.

Those are my top three of the moment. I wish I could give you a list of my top ten, but alas, my baby boys don't let me blog all day long.

What baby gear would you invent if you had the chance?

1 comment:

Hil said...

LOVE that you referenced the AMA and I am so sorry that someone tried to take your baby to the hospital nursery.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...