Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Frivolous Purchases

If I could make one purchase right now that I wouldn't feel guilty about, that I wouldn't think twice about, that my husband wouldn't shake his head at, I would buy...ready? A bike with a basket.

Why? Because it would make me happy. I smile right now just thinking about it.


When I think about purchasing a bike with a basket, I think of all the great things I could do! I could pedal to the grocery store and CVS. I could wheel over to downtown Georgetown and peruse the gift and antique shops. I could head over to the Georgetown library to borrow a few books. If I were closer, I could even cruise to work on my bike like my friend Hilary. (Her bike is green with a leather seat and handles.)

I could even continue my stylish ways with a pin-striped basket like my friend Ann suggests here or like this sweet, green number.
Last spring I observed a cute couple riding matching bikes with baskets near Lake Georgetown. Hers was pink, his was blue. Too cute.

If this weren't just a post about frivoulous purchases and I really was capable of buying myself this little present, here's a few I like:

The last bike with the headlamp and saddlebag-style basket is my current favorite. Now, that's it, I'm done. Go daydream about your idea of a frivolous purchase for a while. (wink.)

3 comments:

The Artisann/Ann-tidote said...

did u see the liberty of london bike coming out!?!??!!?!?

http://www.target.com/b/?node=2241595011&ref=sr_shorturl_liberty

onhilstreet said...

Those bike baskets are so cute! While my bike with faux leather interior is super fun, my basket is not. It's really practical.

My bike says party and my basket says business.

Gaby said...

Hi! I came across your blog while searching for bikes with a basket, so I read your post about wanting one as well and I want to ask where did you find that awesome red bike you have on there? Also if you could recommend other sites I could find bikes of that style? Thanks so much! -Gaby

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...