Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prayer for 30 More Minutes of Sleep

My friend Hilary lent a book to me today called Mommy Prayers. Included in it are all the concerns new mommies find themselves talking to God about. There is a prayer for "my unwashed hair" and a prayer for "pumping at the office" (I can totally relate after 4 months of awkwardness spent in utility closets, aka, "lactation rooms") and a prayer for "the lost binkie."

Tonight, I offer you my prayer for 30 more minutes of sleep.

Dear God, I know this seems trivial, but you are my last hope. Charlie and Weston really are good little boys. Beyond the occasional bump and bruise acquired by new crawlers, they are happy, healthy, and good sleepers. To a point. Why has Charlie started waking up at 5:47 a.m. for the last two weeks? What happened to the sweet little boy who slept until almost 7:00? Why has he been replaced by a mischevious pre-6:00 a.m. riser who coerces his brother into waking too? Please God, take me back to the time before two weeks ago when this mysterious "growth spurt" or "phase" took over my child and prevented him from sleeping past 5:47 each morning. Please let my boys sleep until 7:00 a.m. tomorrow...ok, 6:45 at least (though you have been known to work miracles) so we can all wake up on the right side of the bed again. Thank you.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm not the praying type, but this got me saying Amen!

Term Papers said...

wow!
so cute child i love it
Nice Post



Term papers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...