Sunday, May 2, 2010

Red Poppy Fest Recap

As small town festivals go, the annual Georgetown Red Poppy Fest was quite entertaining. Up early thanks to the twins, we hit the downtown square about 10:00 and enjoyed the beautiful weather as we walked 6 blocks of crafty booths and vintage cars at the car show.

Around lunch time, we stopped at the "food court," (the parking lot where all the fried food trialers were parked) and treated ourselves to sausage dogs, homemade potato chips, and lemonade from Alex's Lemonade Stand. We parked the stroller in the shade and watched the people go by while we ate and then headed straight to Galaxy Cupcakes for dessert. This is one of my favorite new additions to our town. I had chocolate raspberry and Aaron had vanilla.


Having traversed all there was to see downtown, we then took a Saturday drive past some of my favorite cottages who were celebrating the fest with yards festooned with poppies.

Green house on the corner
Grey two-story

Yellow house with blue door

Until the next poppy fest...I am going to work on convincing my Hubs to let me scatter poppy seeds all over our front yard. We'll see what he says. ;-)

1 comment:

onhilstreet.com said...

I think it's creepy you took pictures of that house.

I am kidding! They look beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...