Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Scents of Summer

During the one summer in which I took summer courses in college, my roommate and I spent an afternoon shopping JCrew.com. The purpose was to fill our shopping carts with every item we would purchase if we had the money for real and then calculate the total. I think my total was a meager $275, pennies by today's J.Crew prices. (this was before J.Crew got its recent, style overhaul and the average price on every tag became $118. Trust me, just shop there for a few minutes and look at a few tags. They will either read $108 or $118.)

It was innocent fun and allowed us a moment of complete indulgence, at least in our imaginations.

Today, I've done something similar on Etsy by creating a treasury chock full of my favorite things about summer. When I think of summer, I think of lawn chairs, lightning bugs, lemonade, and sun dresses. What do you think of?

3 comments:

The Artisann said...

i remember those days...sigh. now i put stuff in my cart and its like $500 EASY. ridiculous!

i love the treasury! wasn't it fun and easy to make? i've been making more lately.

by the way, check out my blog post today. it's just your sort of humor.

coming to dallas any time soon?

The Artisann said...

ALSO-aren't you obsessed w/ pioneer woman!?

onhilstreet.com said...

When I think of summer, I think of the sound of crickets, the smell of chlorine, the cold taste of pasta salad, waking up early at camp, and not knowing what day of the week it is.

Ah, the summers of our youth. Now it's the same as the rest of the year. Thanks for letting me think about this :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...